Team Gabriel

My photo
As we head out on this next chapter of our lives, we wanted to keep our family and friends updated on everything that was happening...so here we are! Thanks for stopping by.

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Sisterly Love

I was worried before Annabelle got here about Lily's reaction to a baby coming into the family. She was the baby for so long and I wasn't sure if she would be happy, sad, jealous - or just maybe a mix of all. But I think happy has won and I'm so glad about that.

She really loves her baby sister and being a big sister. She wants to play with her and hold her all the time. She makes sure to give her hugs and kisses every night before bed and looks for her almost first thing every morning. She rarely says anything about Annabelle needing more time or attention and as Annabelle grows, I think that will become even more rare. She loves to tell everyone she meets that she's a big sister and all about Annabelle (we really need to work on the whole sharing too much concept ;) ). 

Annabelle absolutely adores Lily. Since she was born, Annabelle lights up when she hears Lily talk and will turn her head to find her face. She loves to watch Lily play with her toys and gives her so many smiles.

 I hope the way they feel about each other now lasts for the long term. I know that they'll have their ups and downs and will fight like all sisters do. But I love to see this bond between them forming already and I can't wait to see it grow stronger as they get older.













No comments:

Post a Comment