Team Gabriel

My photo
As we head out on this next chapter of our lives, we wanted to keep our family and friends updated on everything that was happening...so here we are! Thanks for stopping by.

Sunday, January 18, 2015

3 months old!

Annabelle is 3 months old today! Goodness, how time flies. I was both looking forward to and dreading this day. Looking forward to it because at 3 months, her personality is starting to develop and shine, she's talking to everyone and everything and she's smiling all the time.

I've been dreading it because it means my time home with her is at an end. I'm going back to work on Tuesday and it'll be a new normal for us. And it will definitely take some adjustment. We're so lucky in that Richard has the ability to take her to work with him. She'll be going to work with him 3 days a week and then going to daycare at Lily's school the other 2 days. We absolutely love this school and the teachers and she'll be in great hands there. I, however, am going to miss her terribly. I'm sure I'll cry the entire way to work on Tuesday. But it does help to know she's in good hands. 

Annabelle at 3 months old is such a delight. She and Lily are so alike in their baby personalities (so far at least). She's so happy and fun - she smiles when you smile at her or just whenever she feels like it (which is most of the time!). She's starting to figure out how she can move around and is grasping things and pulling them towards her. She hasn't rolled over again (we had a one time roll over at about 6 weeks) but part of that is probably because we aren't so strict about tummy time. We're gonna try and be better about it though, even if she hates it. She is not a fan right now. She has also found her thumb - it's super cute but we'll see how it goes in the future. We're still working with big sister on not sucking her fingers! 

She's still eating great, although she's spaced out her feedings and is typically nursing about 5-6 times a day. She does a bit of cluster feeding at night, but not the 2 hour feeds we were doing. She's sleeping 10-12 hours a night now, although we've had 2 nights, I think, where she only did a 7 hour stretch. But mommy is not complaining! We're also giving cloth diapers a try starting this month - we'll see how it goes! So far so good.

Here's our sweet girl at 3 months!








No comments:

Post a Comment