Team Gabriel

My photo
As we head out on this next chapter of our lives, we wanted to keep our family and friends updated on everything that was happening...so here we are! Thanks for stopping by.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Pumpkin Carving Time!

The weekend before Halloween, we headed to the Farmer's Market to pick out our carving pumpkin. We found a pretty pumpkin and took it home to carve. According to tradition, Lily and I scooped out the pumpkin guts and daddy carved the pumpkin face. Lily got to design the pumpkin face this year and I think she was pretty excited to be able to do that!

Our pumpkin this year had SO MANY seeds! It was crazy - I don't think I've ever seen a pumpkin with more guts and seeds. It had so many that I felt like I would be wasteful just to toss them out, so I decided to do some roasted pumpkin seeds for snacks. It was actually really easy - I just boiled the cleaned seeds in salt water for about a half hour, drained them and set them out to dry overnight. The next night I tossed them with some melted butter and seasoning salt and roasted them in the oven for about 45 minutes and they turned out great! I got to have them for about 3 days before Stella snagged them off the counter and ate the rest of them... oh well. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment