So, we had been planning to wait until Lily was exactly 6 months old before trying any foods with her. She's been very content with milk, not overly hungry and growing well, so we weren't really worried that she wasn't getting enough to eat or the nutrition/calories that she needs. But, she kind of changed that plan for us - we're pretty flexible :). For the past 2 weeks, she's been reaching for pretty much everything we're either eating or drinking and watching us so intently when we're eating and she's not within arms reach of our food/drink. From a lot of what I've read, that can be a good sign that babies are ready to at least try some solid food. So, this weekend, since it's been a pretty laid back one, we decided we'd go ahead and let her have her first taste of rice cereal and it went really well! She was definitely way more interested in the spoon than the cereal - and the bowl holding the cereal for that matter. On her first bite, she picked up the bowl and dumped half of it on the floor - no sitting the bowl on the Bumbo tray anymore! Once we got the mess cleaned up, we tried again - success! Aside from some funny faces, she pretty much chowed down and seemed to enjoy her cereal. After she finished, we decided the easiest thing to do would be to stick her in the bathtub - she was pretty messy at that point! All in all, I'd say it was a success and I'm looking forward to seeing her eat more cereal and watching her try all the new foods we've got planned for her!
 |
| Lily and daddy hanging out on the couch before cereal time |
 |
| Hmm, I think I'll try my bib first, thanks |
 |
| Here, let me help daddy |
 |
| I can almost reach it... |
 |
| See? I told you I could help |
 |
| I'll just hang on to that, thanks |
 |
| Yum, can I hold the bowl? |
 |
| This stuff's not bad |
 |
| More, please |
 |
| Tasty cereal |
 |
| All done! |
 |
| All clean :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment