Team Gabriel

My photo
As we head out on this next chapter of our lives, we wanted to keep our family and friends updated on everything that was happening...so here we are! Thanks for stopping by.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

JDRF Walk 2010

Wow, I need to catch up on my posts! The past three weeks have been pretty busy, so I apologize for the lack of blogging.

Every year the company I work for participates in the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) Walk to Cure Diabetes. This year, I was able to both join in the fundraising efforts for the walk and actually do the walk - it was a lot of fun and I'm already looking forward to next year! The walk was held on October 30th at the Time Warner Cable Pavillion in Raleigh - it was a beautiful day to walk. Nana, Paca and Aunt Katie came up to join Richard, Lily and I for the walk - we were in good company.  There were bands playing all around the walk route, which helped to keep us all energized and on the move. Lily even walked with us and stayed awake for about half of the walk and slept for the other half. After the walk, we met up with Grandma Libby and Grandpa Rick and all went out to lunch at La Rancherita - a tasty Mexican restaurant by Crabtree mall. It was a good day!
To all of the people who donated in support of the walk - thank you so much!! You all helped to raise a generous amount, which was put toward the total amount raised for the 2010 Walk - that total has been calculated at over $1 million - which will all go to support research to find the cure for diabetes.

Here are some pictures from the day:
Richard pushing Lily in the crowd

Katie enjoying the stroll

"Hook'em Horns!"

Richard and Nana walking away

Sister shot

Walking while taking pictures does not equal good picture taking

Lily checking out the people walking near her

Nana and Richard, Paca in the background

Me and Richard - with Katie trying to photo bomb in the background



Big crowd


Peaceful napping on the walk

Wide awake in the car after the walk

Eating Sophie la giraffe


Lily with Grandma Libby



No comments:

Post a Comment