Team Gabriel

My photo
As we head out on this next chapter of our lives, we wanted to keep our family and friends updated on everything that was happening...so here we are! Thanks for stopping by.

Friday, August 9, 2013

The Color Run!

For my birthday this year, the family came up to celebrate by doing a the Color Run 5k in Raleigh. It was awesome! I'd heard from my bestie Tracy that it was tons of fun (she had done one in November) and she was so right. We started out with our white Color in Sanity team tshirst and by the end, we were all multicolored. All the kiddos ran (well, the little girls rode in a jogging stroller) and they did a great job - I think they all really enjoyed it.

After the race, we came back to our house to get showered and enjoy some lunch before eating fabulously yummy chocolate peanut butter cupcakes made by our personal pastry chef (ahem, Cara Morrison). They were seriously so good. I am requesting them for every birthday from now on forever. And for any other cupcake worth get together. Which, let's face it, is every get together ever.

It was a really special weekend - I loved being able to spend it with my family and it meant a lot that everyone was willing to come up and do the race with me. I love those family times and they mean so much more the older we get. I can't wait for the next one already!

Peas in a pod

All the kiddos before the race

Team Gabriel

Posing after








No comments:

Post a Comment