Lily had her first long car rides this week and I think, overall, she did pretty well! She and I made a solo trip to Asheboro this past Thursday to see Grandpa and we surprised Nana for lunch (she was very surprised :o) ). I'm not sure if I didn't time it well or what, but Lily had a little more difficult of a time in the car on the trip down Thursday - I can definitely say it was the longest (and loudest) trip to Asheboro I've ever had! But, on the trip back to Raleigh she was able to fall asleep for the most part, so that trip was definitely better. We got to Asheboro and surprised Nana at work and then headed to Grandpa and Nana's house for lunch, where Great-Aunt Marie also came to hang out with us. After lunch, we all just hung out for a little while before we took Nana back to work and Lily and I made the trip back to Raleigh. When we got back to Raleigh, Aunt Katie and her friend Caroline came to see us for a little while - they kept Lily company while Richard and I ate our dinner. For the first time this week, I think we were both able to eat with both of our hands!
On Saturday, our little family made the trek down to Asheboro to visit with the whole family. She did great on the way down - she had a couple short periods of crying when we started out, but soon fell asleep and stayed that way for the whole trip. On our way into town, we got to stop by my best friend Tracy's house, so that she and her parents could meet Lily for the first time. Lily was a little fussy, since she had been in the car for awhile and was hungry, but once she had something to eat she enjoyed spending time with her Aunt Tracy.
After we left Tracy and her parents, we headed over to Grandpa and Nana's house to visit with the family for Adrian and Terra's family baby shower. We had a fantastic dinner - Grandpa cooked steaks and chicken and Nana, Aunt Marie, Katie and Cara made some fantastic appetizers and twice-baked potatoes to go with our meats. We ate good! For dessert, we had some homemade strawberry shortcake - definitely one of the best meals we've had in a long time. Lily did a great job all day - she slept for the vast majority of it, only waking up to eat and hang out for short periods of time. I think she was only put down once during the day - which didn't last long, since she promptly woke up to eat! Other than that, she was held by her family all day - she loved it. Lily did a great job again on the way back to Raleigh - she had a couple short bursts of crying, but other than that, slept the entire way. After we got home, she ate and then went straight on to bed - only waking up once during the night and then sleeping until 9:30!
And (of course) some cute pictures to end the post...
No comments:
Post a Comment