Team Gabriel

My photo
As we head out on this next chapter of our lives, we wanted to keep our family and friends updated on everything that was happening...so here we are! Thanks for stopping by.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Happy Easter!

What a wonderful occasion to celebrate!! And celebrate we did. We went to Asheboro to celebrate the joy of Easter with our families - really, the perfect way to do it. We were missing a couple of key people, but we'll be able to celebrate with them next year (we missed you Phillip and Adrian!)

The night before Easter, we dyed our Easter eggs - the first time Lily was really able to participate. And wow, she had such a fun time! She cried when we were done and definitely was of the opinion that she should get to dye more than a dozen eggs. Mommy will remember this for next year...










On Easter morning, we woke up to see what the Easter bunny had brought Lily and enjoyed a delicious Butter Braid Cream Cheese pastry, which was a fundraising item Lily's school did. I am so glad we got more than one of those pastries - delicious. After breakfast, we got ready and headed on down to Asheboro.








 
We had a fantastic lunch, so yummy, and spent the day outside, enjoying the absolutely gorgeous weather. After lunch and before dessert (had to clear some space in our tummies with a little exercise..), we hid eggs for an Easter egg hunt for all of the kiddos. We separated the older boys from the little girls, to make it fair, and hid all the boys' eggs out in the yard and the girls' eggs up on my parents' awesome deck. They loved it! Lily picked up on what she was supposed to do really quickly and loved looking for the eggs, picking them up and putting them in her basket. And after she found all of her eggs, she loved eating what was inside them! One of the other best parts of the day - Aunt Margaret and Uncle Rodney brought bubbles!! They were a HUGE hit - there were bubbles, bubbles everywhere and the kiddos had such a great time with them.

After our Easter egg hunt, we had dessert - dirt cake, banana pudding and strawberry pound cake - oh. my. goodness. Our tummies were stuffed after this meal. By the way, I made the banana pudding this year and found this fantastic banana pudding recipe - you can find it here. I made a few changes - namely only adding about half of the sour cream it calls for (I know, sour cream in banana pudding?!) and put in about 2 ounces of cream cheese also. I actually used light cream cheese and I can't imagine it being any creamier. I also added Cool Whip on the top of the final layer and crumbled Vanilla Wafers on top, instead of layering like the picture shows - it was more pretty that way. I will use this banana pudding recipe from now on!

Ok - get ready for LOTS of pictures!










































No comments:

Post a Comment