Team Gabriel

My photo
As we head out on this next chapter of our lives, we wanted to keep our family and friends updated on everything that was happening...so here we are! Thanks for stopping by.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Fall Festival 2011

Last weekend was Asheboro's annual Fall Festival and this year, as Executive Director of The Paisley Platypus, I was actually working a booth! Lily and I headed down to Asheboro on Friday afternoon to spend the night and be ready to go early Saturday morning. As an added bonus, my best friends, Tracy and Sarah Beth, and I had made plans to get together Friday night for some girl time, dinner and drinks. I had woken up Friday morning with the unmistakable signs of a migraine, which came a little bit later, but thankfully had gotten a migraine prescription filled earlier in the year and the medicine actually worked! By early that afternoon (record time for migraine recovery), I was really feeling a ton better, although I did make sure to keep taking my ibuprofen throughout the afternoon. I was really really thankful for that, because I wasn't looking forward to having to miss this time with my girls, 

After dropping Lily off and getting everything settled, I headed out to meet the girls at the Bistro in Asheboro. We had a tasty dinner there and then headed to the Flying Pig for some drinks. We enjoyed ourselves immensely, as usual, and ended up with some fantastic pictures to commemorate our night.










Saturday morning, Cara and I headed down to the Fall Festival to get our booth all set up and ready for the day. The weather started out pretty chilly and windy that morning, but we did get a nice sunshiney break in the early afternoon, which was nice. Lily's grandma and grandad were able to come down that afternoon and keep Lily company too, which was a very nice visit, with some very tasty food - Lily loved the funnel cake she tried. She also got to have a lunch picnic, with a corndog and ribbon fries - she was loving it! That evening, after we were all done at the Fall Festival, we celebrated my cousin Adrian's upcoming marriage with a really fun couples shower for him and his fiancee, Terra. Here are some pictures from our first day at the Fall Festival:













Our second day at the Festival was really nice, sunny pretty much the entire day. Lily got to check out some cows for the first time and even touched one - she had a great time with them. We tried to get her picture with a baby calf, but strangely enough, he seemed to scare her - way more than the big cows did! We did finally get a few pictures though, with Lily on mommy's lap. We had some great food and great hang out time, before we packed up our booth and headed back to Raleigh that evening. Here are some pictures of our last day:


















No comments:

Post a Comment