And boy, has she begun the toddler-ness. She definitely knows what she wants, when she wants it, and she does NOT want to be told "No". To her, that is the dirtiest word imaginable.It's almost amusing to watch her reaction when someone tells her no - she thinks about it and decides her method of approach. Sometimes its "Ok, sure, no problem, I'll listen, that's cool", other times its "If I keep smiling and pressing this button, even though they told me not to, I'll be so cute they won't mind I'm not listening to them at all", and still others its "How dare you tell me no?! Don't you know that I know what I should and should not do? Fine, I'll listen to you, but I'm not going to be happy about it!".
She is a girl who knows her own mind, that's for sure - I wonder where she got that from...
She is still just the cutest little thing we've ever seen. Most evenings, Richard and I just sit and watch her as she explores, plays, dances, sings, twirls and talks - it's our greatest form of entertainment. For the most part, she is on the go, either walking or running, and only slows down to eat or sleep. At the most random moments though, she'll take a minute to walk right over to you, crawl in your lap and give you a big hug and then snuggle for a few and it just melts your heart. My favorite time of the day is always right before bedtime - its our special Lily/Mommy time. We read our stories, say our prayers and get in some really good snuggle time before she goes to sleep. It's the absolute perfect way to end the day.
Lately, we've been able to start playing the "Lily, say _" game and most times, she'll try and repeat back what we say. It's still pretty incomprehensible, but so much fun to watch her try. She can now pretty clearly say several words (see video below) and she's working on more every day. I think her favorite ones to say are "wow!" and "see ya!".
Lily still sleeps just as well as she ever has, although her naptimes during the day have gotten shorter. We've started letting her stay up just a little bit later lately, so maybe things will even back out with a later bedtime. She eats pretty much everything, although she has started to disregard those things which are not her favorites. She practices using her fork and spoon and has the concept down, but sometimes its just much easier for a girl to use her fingers.
Here are some recent pictures of the our little munchkin girl and the promised video:
No comments:
Post a Comment