Team Gabriel

My photo
As we head out on this next chapter of our lives, we wanted to keep our family and friends updated on everything that was happening...so here we are! Thanks for stopping by.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Lily is 8 months old!

Holy cow! When I was thinking about her turning 8 months old earlier this week, I realized that we're over halfway to her birthday - her one year birthday!! Of course, technically we were halfway there when she turned 6 months old, but for some reason it didn't hit me until now. 

Lily at 8 months old is busy! She is everywhere at once, it seems like, and she hasn't even started really crawling yet! I can't imagine how busy she's going to be when she gets those legs going. In the past month, she's started sitting steadily on her own, getting up on her knees, army crawling and pulling up on our hands -  both to a sitting position from laying down and then on to her feet from her sitting position. She still loves to stand and bounce more than almost anything and a couple of times, has stood on her own for just a few seconds. We're really trying to make sure she crawls before she starts standing and taking some steps, as we know how important it is for her to crawl before she walks, but sometimes she doesn't seem to have the same idea. She talks constantly and loves to squeal at everything. We're pretty sure her first word is going to be "hi" - every time someone says hi to her, she responds in her Lily language. She really enjoys trying to get the dogs attention - she yells at them every time they pass by and usually tries to sneak in a petting too. 

As far as eating is concerned, she is trying all sorts of new things. The most recent addition is green beans and we'll probably try some chicken (pureed, since we're still tooth free!) this week. Starting just today we added lunch to the mix, so she's now eating solids 3 times a day in addition to breastmilk in her bottles and nursing. We're also going to try adding in a solid snack, probably fruit, with her afternoon bottle. As soon as she gets some teeth in there we'll try some chunkier stuff, but for now we're sticking with the pureed goodies. 

Yesterday we had our first real bout of baby sickness. Lily woke up at about 5:45, which is pretty early for her lately and was pretty upset. I went ahead and fed her which calmed her down and let her fall asleep on me for a bit. But, about 15 minutes after eating, she woke up and vomited all over the both of us. So, I changed her jammies, took her in to lay with daddy while I changed my jammies and then just let her lay in bed with us. She drifted off to sleep, but about an hour later woke up and did it again, poor thing! By that point I decided I'd be staying home and hanging out with her and possibly making a trip to the doctor. Well, about 30 minutes after the last time, she went to throw up again, but didn't have anything left in her tummy. So, we called the doctor who told us to bring her in. I took her in and they said we'd pretty much just have to wait it out and keep her on fluids all day. Luckily, we didn't have any more vomiting episodes for the rest of the day :). Lily took 2 long naps, which I think really helped - she was pretty worn out and definitely not her usual perky self. But, she slept all night last night and woke up refreshed, in a great mood and ready to go this morning, so I think all is well again, thank goodness. She was so pitiful! I'm glad it was just a short tummy upset for her first real sickness. 

At 9 months we head back to the doctor for some more vaccines and for her weight, height and head circumference checkup - we'll keep you posted! Here are some recent Lilypie pictures:










No comments:

Post a Comment