Heading into the New Year, I usually take a minute to think back on the previous year and all the memories it has. This year was a big year for us and I've enjoyed going back through the memories I have. At the beginning of the year, we had the excitement and anticipation of adding a new member to our family and were busy getting prepared, enjoying time with just each other and our puppies, celebrating the upcoming addition with our friends and family and patiently waiting. Here are some pictures from that first quarter of the year:
A progression of the belly:
Lily at 30 weeks:
Baby Showers:
The second quarter of our year brought Miss Lillian Kate Gabriel to us. Her first few months now seem like a whirlwind, but I treasure those first memories of her. Although she didn't seem like it at the time, she was so tiny! It certainly changed our lives, even though she didn't do much but eat, sleep, poop and be held. We also had our family beach trip - something that will hopefully again be an annual affair for the Martin family. Lily wasn't able to do much this time, but I can't wait to see her playing at the beach in the years to come. Here are some pictures from the second quarter of our year:
Lily's Birth:
| Lily's First Smile |
| Family Picture |
Family Beach Trip:
The third quarter of the year brought my return to work and the first day leaving Lily with someone besides family. That first day back was so hard and I know that we are so lucky to have found the person we have to keep Lily when she isn't with daddy at work. Lily absolutely loves going over to Miss Erica's house and I know she is very well taken care of there. She grew older, learning to smile regularly, as well as turn herself over and over:
The end of our year brought about so many new experiences and developments for Lily. She had her first Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas and learned to chat (constantly), started eating solid food, learned to sit up, learned to pull herself up on mommy's hands and push up on her knees and became such a personality, among others. I'm so excited to see how she will change (I know how quickly it will happen!)in the New Year. Here are some pictures from the end of our year... Hello 2011!







No comments:
Post a Comment