I can't believe it's so close! I am so excited about seeing Lily open her presents - and totally prepared for her to be way more interested in the wrappings than the actual presents. The last couple of weeks since my last post have been pretty busy, mainly with work, but I'm now on vacation until January so I should have lots of time to keep everyone up to date on the latest Gabriel goings on.
This weekend we did a lot of nothing - and it was wonderful! We took a quick trip to the doctor on Saturday morning for Lily to get the second half of her flu shot and she did great! Both Richard and I were totally prepared for tears; we had a juice bottle as a treat and lots of hugs ready to go, but she didn't cry a bit. She did give the nurse a look after she gave Lily the shot, but other than that, it was as if nothing at all had happened. We were so proud of our brave little baby!
After we got home, I took a little trip out to finish some last minute Christmas shopping - braving the crazy crowds! Actually, it wasn't too bad, but I made sure to avoid any hot spots, like the malls, and stuck to slightly less popular areas, like Target (which was still crazy busy!). But, now I am totally finished with shopping and just need to get everything wrapped - which is on this week's agenda. Once I got home, we all hung around the house for the rest of the weekend and just enjoyed spending some time together. It was a really nice weekend.
Yesterday, Lily and I headed to Harmony Animal Hospital to introduce her to some good friends of mine and she had a great time. We visited with Debbie and Jen (unfortunately, we just missed Jodi and Teri) and Lily seemed to really enjoy hanging out in the hospital. She did get just a bit teary eyed when she first met everyone, but once those initial tears were over, she was good to go. I'm hoping to get back out there next week - hopefully we can catch up with the rest of the crew then!
| Checking out Miss Debbie |
| ...and Miss Jen |
Today we had another kind of hang out day - although, it was more of a clean up the house and get to the huge piles of laundry residing in our room. It definitely wasn't as fun as the weekend or yesterday, but it was necessary and I got to hang out with my munchkin all day while doing chores.
Below are some pictures of the Lilypie from the last couple of weeks. If you'll notice, she's doing a lot of sitting up on her own now - although it still doesn't hold a lot of interest for her! I think she's ready to start scooting any day now; she's starting to get really frustrated when things are out of her reach! We'll keep you posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment