Well, our munchkin is still just getting bigger and bigger! I absolutely can't believe she is almost 19 months old and yet, at the same time, it's also really hard to remember our lives without her. She is our greatest blessing and I am so incredibly thankful for her.
Lily has started talking up a storm the past couple of months. She learns new words everyday and loves to chatter. Lily also loves to sing - her favorite songs right now include Itsy Bitsy Spider, Twinkle Twinkle, Row Row Row, Jingle Bells, Grey Squirrel and We are the Dinosaurs. And she loves to hear/sing them over and over! She also LOVES to read - she's constantly bringing us books to read to her or just sitting down by her bookcase, looking at all her books. I'm so glad that she has this love of both books and singing - I had the same growing up (still do) and I really hope she continues to love them as much as she does now. She is one of the friendliest little girls I've ever seen - she's constantly saying "hi!" to everyone we see while we're out and about. The vast majority of the time she gets a prompt "hello!" in return. I have noticed that when she doesn't get one, I tend to get a little irritated at the person who dared not to respond to my beautiful, sweet baby girl - but most of the time I'm able to hide that ;).
We had Lily's 18 month doctor's appointment in November and she did wonderfully, even though she had to get 2 shots while there (although 2 is much better than 4!). She chattered to Dr. Franklin and played with his stethoscope while he did her exam. She weighed 22lbs 8oz at this appointment and was 31 inches tall, both of which put her in the 25th percentile for her age! She's growing and developing well, according to the doc (we already kind of guessed that though :) ).
Here are a few pictures from October and November (her 17 and 18 months), as well as a video we just took tonight of her Jingle Bells rendition:
No comments:
Post a Comment