Team Gabriel

My photo
As we head out on this next chapter of our lives, we wanted to keep our family and friends updated on everything that was happening...so here we are! Thanks for stopping by.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

A Night Out for Mom and Dad

This weekend Lilypie hung out with her Aunt Katie while Richard and I had our first date night in almost exactly 6 weeks! The Friday night before Lily was born was our last date night before becoming parents. It actually was the night I thought Miss Lily was coming on her own, as I'd had contractions all the way through our dinner and a movie night. We did dinner and a movie again last night and really had a good time. It was nice to have some alone time, just the two of us. It gave us a chance to catch up on each other and spend some quality time as a couple - although we were ready to see our Lilypie by the time we got home! Before we left, we were able to snap some family pictures of all three of us, as well as some individual pictures of each of us with Lily:


We went to Firebirds for our dinner (I had the delicious salad I love again - yum!) and this time, we topped our meal off with individual desserts - something I definitely did not need, as I'm trying to get these baby pounds off, but it was so worth it. After dinner, we headed to see Robin Hood. Now, before the movie, we were both pretty excited about this movie and had in fact been looking forward to it for a few weeks. We were disappointed. I think Richard might have actually fallen asleep at some point towards the end of the movie and I was still trying to figure out what the exact point of the movie was by the time it ended. In fact, the end was the most promising part of the storyline - and it ended about 30 seconds later. Unfortunately, for us, it turned out to be a pretty generic and rather boring plot - something we were not happy to discover (especially as the movie theater had raised its prices and we had paid $20 just to see the movie!). Next time, we'll be reading some reviews before we head out for a movie date. 

On Thursday, Lily had her introduction to BD, where I work. We packed her up that morning and headed over to visit with some coworkers I haven't seen in quite awhile and to eat some lunch with them. I dressed her up in one of her newborn outfits, complete with one of her Sophie's Sprinkles bow/headband combos. She looked pretty adorable, if I do say so myself:
At work, we visited with Miss Gwen and my boss David, as well as my good friends Kelly and Kara and a few others - I've missed everyone! Although I know I'm going to really miss Lilypie when I head back to work, it will be great to get back into the swing of things and see the people I've missed on a daily basis. 

Miss Gwen and Lily
Today has been more of a hang out day for all of us. We've had some scattered thunderstorms, in between the muggy upper 90 degree heat (are we back in Houston again?!), so we've all been taking it easy in the nice air conditioning. Lily had a busy morning on her playmat, as you can see. She's now able to see herself in the mirror and finds the baby looking baby at her quite fascinating. I think she's going to enjoy it even more as time goes on. She's still not a big fan of tummy time, but it gets a little better day by day. She can now move her head from side to side while on her tummy and is really getting good at lifting it off the playmat. We hope everyone had a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment