Well, Lily had her weight recheck and wellness visit yesterday and she is an amazing 7lbs and 4 oz!! Who would have guessed?! That was a much bigger weight gain than I expected - I think I surprised the nurse a little when she told us her weight and I said "holy crap!" (sorry mom). I was fully expecting her to gain 14 oz; after all, it'd been 14 days since her last visit (weighing in at 6 lbs) and gaining an ounce a day would put her at a healthy 6 lbs 14 oz. I definitely did not expect a weight gain of over a pound in 2 weeks! She is now exactly 2 pounds bigger than she was when she was born. After her birth, she lost about 5 ounces, putting her at 4lbs 15 oz when she left the hospital. In total, shes gained 2 pounds 5 ounces since then! According to her doctor, most kids only put on about 1.5lbs by this time, so she's definitely making great progress. As far as her height goes, she is 20.75 inches, which is 0.25 inches more than when she was born and her head circumference measured at 36.75 cm, which is 4 cm more than at birth.
I'm really happy she's growing so well. I know that she eats constantly and a good amount at each feeding, but it's nice to be able to have a concrete number to go by to see that she is actually growing and putting on some good weight. Her doctor thinks she'll continue eating like this at least for the next couple of months and that she will have caught up to other kids her age in weight by about the 3-4 month mark. As far as her height and head circumference goes (and belly size, according to the doc), she is in the 25th percentile for kids her age and she is in the 5th percentile for her weight. Her next appointment is not until July 12th, when we go in for her 2 month well check and to get her shots (not looking forward to that!). We'll keep you posted on how she's growing!
Lily at birth in her Boppy bouncy seat:
Lily today in her bouncy seat:
No comments:
Post a Comment