Team Gabriel

My photo
As we head out on this next chapter of our lives, we wanted to keep our family and friends updated on everything that was happening...so here we are! Thanks for stopping by.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

37 weeks....18 days to go!

Less than 3 weeks left until Lily's due date... It really feels like this time has flown by - although when I look back and realize that I've been pregnant for almost a year, I guess it really has taken awhile!
Everything's going well here, just playing the waiting game. I've actually been at home for the past couple of weeks, per my doctor's request to stay off my feet and keep my blood pressure down. Luckily, everything's been staying steady, so the doctor is happy (...although I'm still not allowed to go back to work, no matter how much I ask). Since I am not supposed to be out and about running errands (which is how I'd like to be spending this time!), our house has probably never stayed this clean for this amount of time. I'm really only able to keep the things at waist level and above clean, since bending over has become really difficult, so Richard takes over the sweeping and vacuuming and between the two of us, our house is pretty much always nice and clean (just how it will not be in a few weeks!).  And since I'm always home, I can do a few things a day and not overdue it, which keeps the doctor happy. I must say, I have been taking advantage of this time to try and get in a nap a day. I'm having some trouble sleeping at night, so if I can fall asleep for just a little while during the afternoon, it really helps. 
I think the dogs are really enjoying the hangout time too. Other than our doctor's appointments and occasional dinners out, they've not been left alone at all in the past couple of weeks. So, they're getting in lots of good cuddle and playtime - something they will more than likely be shorted on when Lily arrives. 
So, we head back to the doctor tomorrow and maybe we'll get a better idea of when she will decide to join us. Until then, we'll continue our waiting and hopefully she will come sooner, rather than later...
Here are the 37 week (huge!) belly pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment