Team Gabriel

My photo
As we head out on this next chapter of our lives, we wanted to keep our family and friends updated on everything that was happening...so here we are! Thanks for stopping by.

Monday, October 28, 2013

Tower of Terror 10 Miler Weekend - Friday night and the Expo!

We decided to take another stroll around the Food and Wine Festival back at Epcot, but before we did, we rode Spaceship Earth. This ride has changed since the last time I rode it and the end was quite entertaining. When starting the ride, they take your picture which they use later to show you your "future self" after you answer a bunch of questions about your preferred future travel methods and leisure activities. It was a lot of fun :) Cara and I are going to fly our future hovercraft to various and sundry destinations and spend quite a lot of time scuba diving, as you can see in our future self portraits:
Just cruising in our hovercraft

And hanging out underwater

We had more delicious food that night, including another shrimp taco (didn't get enough of those Thursday night!) - we debated the Tequila Flight, but considering our race was the next day, we passed. We tried a kimchi hot dog, which I actually enjoyed a lot and I had a lobster roll that was fantastic. But, my favorite thing that night was grilled cheese with honey and pistachios from Greece. This wasn't a sandwich or anything - just a lovely chunk of cheese griddled and smothered with honey and pistachios - heaven! For dessert, I tried some Belgian truffles - but I should have done the frozen s'mores again. Cara got a chocolate belgian waffle that looked divine.

We decided to go back to the hotel a little early this night to rest up for the race the next day. On Saturday morning, we got up and had a little breakfast in our room (I had a yummy cheese danish I'd picked up at Downtown Disney Thursday evening) and then we went over to the Expo to check out all the goodies and to pick up our race packets. They had some great stuff at the Expo and I was able to pick up a couple of shirts and some compression socks for the next day.
the Expo!
After the Expo, we went back to Downtown Disney to do lunch and some shopping :-) We ate at the T-Rex restaurant and had some nachos and this fantastic chicken sandwich that had pizza dough for bread. The T-Rex restaurant was so fun. We ate at the "ice" bar in front of a huge fish tank and about every 20 minutes a meteor shower would hit the restaurant and all the animatronic dinos would go nuts. It was awesome!






No comments:

Post a Comment