There's been a lack of blog posting over the holidays this year, and I apologize for that. Mainly because we were busy enjoying our time with each other and also because I've been sick - again. So here is our Merry Christmas post!
I was lucky enough to have saved a lot of vacation time for the end of the year (I try to save 2 weeks, so I'll have 2 weeks to spend with my munchkin girl) and so my last day of work was Thursday, the 15th. Over Christmas, Lily and I had lots of time for snuggles, giggles and playtime, as well as wrapping presents, making Christmas cookies and finishing up some last minute shopping.
On Christmas Eve, we packed up our car and headed to Asheboro to spend the day with Nana, Paca and Aunt Katie. After opening our presents and enjoying some catch up time, we headed to the Christmas Eve service at Central. I rarely get to visit my home church anymore, so this was a special treat. After the service, we headed back to Nana and Paca's house for some yummy food and more presents! Terra, Adrian, Lydia and Aunt Marie met us at the church service and came back to the house to spend time with everyone.
 |
| Lily opening her first present |
 |
| And then reading it with Nana and Paca - "The Nativity Story", recorded by Nana and Paca for Lily |
 |
| Being Santa and delivering presents |
 |
| Opening one of her presents from Aunt Katie |
 |
| a baby blanket! |
 |
| and bottles! |
 |
| feeding the baby |
 |
| new boots! |
 |
| a full size blanket just like the baby blanket! |
 |
| March March March |
On Christmas morning, Richard and I woke up - and waited on Lily to wake up so that we could open presents! I'm sure this will be one of the last Christmas mornings on which we wake up before her, so we enjoyed it while it lasted. Once she was awake, I got the video camera ready and daddy brought her out to check out her big present from Santa - a kitchen! Lily absolutely loves cooking, so Santa knew just what she needed. We all exchanged presents (daddy got a new surround sound system and mommy got a new phone!)and then spent a little time just hanging out before we headed to Greensboro to celebrate with the Gabriel side of the family.
In Greensboro, we got to celebrate with Grandad, Grandma, Aunt Margaret and Uncle Rodney, Great-Aunt Margaret and Great-Uncle Hal, Great-Aunt Sylvia and Great-Uncle Joey and cousin Jarrod. After lots of presents and catching up, we sat down to a yummy dinner and dessert before having a little more time to hang out with everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment