Sure is busy! Between work, the Lilypie, the puppies, trying to keep the house together (not doing as well with that one...) and squeezing in some mommy and daddy time, it doesn't leave much time left over for blogging - which explains why this post is a week and a half after my previous one! We are settling into a routine now though, so I'm hoping to get back to regular posting soon.
This weekend we had another first for Lily - she rolled from her back to her tummy! And I think really surprised herself in the process. Lately, she's really been getting the hang of rolling from side to side and it was getting pretty clear that some time soon she'd manage to hook that leg over and be on her tummy. Well, yesterday morning, we were playing in her room, just hanging out on the floor chatting and Lily was showing off her rolling skills. I got up to go switch a load (one of many) of laundry and came back to find Lily on her tummy, looking at her bear like "what in the world just happened?!". I, of course, dropped the load I was carrying on the floor (so much for clean towels), gasped "I missed it!" ran into the room and promptly turned her over to see if she'd do it again, which she didn't. So, I picked her up and we went outside to tell daddy of her latest big accomplishment and for the rest of the day, I did everything I could to make her do it again - I re-enacted my moves from the morning, I put toys just out of her reach, placed her strategically on her blanket with some of her favorite objects just out of view, but nope - she twisted, turned, rolled, and maneuvered herself around but stayed flat on her back. So, we'll see if today she decides to show off again!
| Lily just after rolling over |
Tummy time has drastically improved for Lily - now that she's able to really look around and can even scoot around on her playmat and blanket, she'll last for 15 minutes or so before getting upset. I took a video on Friday of her during her tummy time, she really loves to scrunch her legs up under her and scoot around:
We also decided to try out Lily's swing again yesterday. Up until this point, she really hasn't been a big fan, which was confusing to me since she really enjoys moving around and having a good spot to look around at her surroundings. So, while I was cleaning up her room and putting away (more) laundry, I plopped her in the swing - and wouldn't you know, she loved it! She checked out her mobile, babbled away to her stuffed puppy and looked out the window for about a half an hour, before she was ready for a nap. I tried again yesterday afternoon (just to see if it was a fluke) and sure enough, she had a great time again! I took a few videos of her in the swing and had to share them with you guys:
| Hanging out in her swing |
Here's your Lily cuteness for the week!
We hope you guys are enjoying the holiday weekend and have a wonderful week!
No comments:
Post a Comment