Team Gabriel

My photo
As we head out on this next chapter of our lives, we wanted to keep our family and friends updated on everything that was happening...so here we are! Thanks for stopping by.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Being sick is no fun...

Not morning sickness though! My appetite and range of things I feel like eating have much improved over the past week or so - something we're both very happy about it (especially me!). But, I have had a run in with strep last week and the flu this week- and I'd been trying so hard to avoid the flu. Luckily, we caught both really early on and I'm doing much better today. As my sister Katie says - my sickness quota should be completely full by now!

We had our monthly visit with the doctor on Monday of this week and everything went great. We got to listen to the heartbeat of the baby again, which is one of the coolest things ever. The doctor says it sounds great and she's of the opinion it's going to be a boy...so we'll see! If she's right, I think she might have a career as a baby predicting doctor. That being said, I do have to mention that my good friend Tracy has also predicted a boy...which will be much more impressive if she's right and she will also have a career as a baby predictor! We're scheduled to head back to the doctor in November for our next monthly check up and are looking forward to getting to listen to the little one again at that time. As of today, we're right at 11 weeks along.

 This week, we also got to check out the State Fair - something we weren't so sure we were going to be able to do, based on our schedules. We ate entirely too much food (our menu's listed below), but it was definitely worth it - after all, the State Fair only comes once a year! We shared a lot of what we ate, but there were some things we enjoyed individually.

Our State Fair menu (accomplished in less than 2 hours):
- Nathan's hot dog (me)
- Nathan's kielbasa sausage (definitely Richard)
- Funnel cake (both)
- Deep fried Snickers bar (both, and it was so yummy!)
- Chili cheese fries (Richard, although I did snag one)
- Corn dog (me)
- Ice cream cone, rolled in sprinkles (me)


.... and I just realized it looks like I at the majority of the food! However, Richard did polish off the majority of the funnel cake and his kielbasa sausage dog was quite a meal, in and of itself. Needless to say, we were both incredibly stuffed by the time we headed home!


No comments:

Post a Comment